CicLAvia is a 501(c)3 non-profit that catalyzes vibrant public spaces, active transportation and good health through car-free streets. CicLAvia engages with people to transform our relationship with our communities and with each other.
Inspired by Bogotá’s weekly ciclovía, CicLAvia temporarily closes streets to car traffic and opens them to Los Angelenos to use as a public park. Free for all, CicLAvia connects communities to each other across an expansive city, creating a safe place to bike, walk, skate, roll, and dance through Los Angeles.
- Over 1 million people have experienced CicLAvia. It’s the biggest open streets event in the USA!
- Participants represent 80% of the population of the City of Los Angeles.
- CicLAvia has created over 133 miles of open streets.
On March 26, Culver City, Mar Vista, and Venice will host the country’s largest open streets event! Streets will be closed to cars and open for cyclists, pedestrians, runners and skaters to use as a recreational space.
Here are some things you need to know for March 26:
- CicLAvia is FREE!
- CicLAvia lasts from 9 AM until 4 PM
- CicLAvia closes streets to car traffic and opens them for people to walk, skate, bike, play, and explore parts of Los Angeles.
- CicLAvia is not a race! There’s no starting point or finish line – begin where you like and enjoy the day your way.
- CicLAvia traffic flows in two directions, just like regular traffic.
View Route Map
For more information visit: http://www.ciclavia.org/ciclavia_culvervenice17
or contact CicLAvia at 213.355.8500 or email@example.com